Please read before booking your Portrait Session:
- Prices start at $249 plus tax for headshots and $550 plus tax for seniors and other similar packages. There is a $99 additional charge for families or groups larger than 5. Please call for full pricing quotes. All prices include your edited, digital images. Custom pricing and packages can sometimes be tailored to specific needs.
- I can offer a number of beautiful and exclusive outdoor venues for my clients in the Austin area. If you request a new and unfamiliar venue for your location shoot – there is an additional $149 charge for unfamiliar venues by the photographer. The photographer must be able to preview the suggested site before the shoot.
- Each photo session begins with a brief phone consultation. This allows your photographer to get a vision of your shoot. It is during this conversation that we will select a date, time, available venues and discuss wardrobe ideas. I am happy to address any questions or concern you might have at this time.
- All outdoor shoots take place, 1.5 -2 hrs. before sunset on a sunny day. Photo sessions are still great with some clouds in the sky. However, a grey and/or fully over-cast day will not produce lighting that is conducive for a truly lovely result. Natural lighting is not just about the lighting - it also produces colors that no editing software can replicate. In cases of full cloud-cover or rain – rescheduling a shoot may be necessary. There is no charge for rescheduling a shoot prior to being on location due to weather.
- A note regarding dogs and family pets. Our furry family members can add a lot of interest to your images. At the same time, they take additional time during to shoot to compose your images with them included. We can discuss your pets being incorporated in the images during our pre-shoot phone consultation. In most cases, family pets can be included. There is an additional charge of $60.00 for one pet and $99.00 for two pets. No more than two pets can be accommodated. Some large and/or aggressive breed dogs are not permitted. Doggies must stay on leash until we begin shooting.
- A note regarding combined shoots, for example senior images combined with family portraits. These combined shoots must be coordinated and priced ahead of time. They can easily be done and depending upon the objectives, I can sometimes offer combined shoot discounts (e.g. two or three seniors might share/combine their senior portrait session). The kids tend to have a lot of fun with this, and parents can save on the cost. However, a combination shoot must be conveyed to the photographer ahead of time.
- Please do not request an additional/combination shoot once on location, (e.g. family shoot – request that we take a few head shots or senior images while we are there).
- Note regarding extended family or large group shoots (more than 5 people). These are priced on a case-by-case basis depending upon client objectives. Once we have our phone consultation, I can price according to needs and requests. The base price for extended family/large group images is $599.00 plus tax for extended family or groups up to 10 people. As always prices include your edited, digital images. Exact pricing to be determined once we discuss the number of objectives (e.g. the group family shot, division of large group into smaller groups/families, couples, individuals, etc.).
- During the photography session (the shoot) cell phone use and cell phone photography strictly prohibited. No Exceptions. Cell phone usage is very distracting to the photographers work and often to the subject(s) being imaged. If necessary, please step away to accept emergency calls. Otherwise- please keep cell phones dark, silent and out of sight. Nonadherence to this policy will result in a cancellation of the shoot and forfeiture of all deposits and/or images.
- A deposit is taken at the time of booking. Should inclement weather interfere with our shoot there is no additional charge for rescheduling. If a cancellation of the shoot occurs all deposits are retained.
- Your photographer will closely work with you regarding the weather. If we arrive at a shoot and the weather changes, and a rescheduled date becomes necessary while on location – there will be a $75 charge for the subsequent session. This is rare and I am very reasonable and fair-minded. Unfortunately, the trade-off for the immense beauty of outdoor, natural-lighting photography, is that we must all contend with mother nature.
- There are no refunds.
- Your digital images (typically 14-20 per session, with the exception of event photography), are delivered to you via digital link. Your edited images are typically delivered to you within 7-10 days. Rush fees can sometimes be offered.
- Owner/ Photographer retains full copyright privileges of all digital images. What exactly does this mean? Not a whole lot. I might use a few of the loveliest images for web-based advertising such as placing them on my web-site or social media ads. Other than that – you may do whatever you wish to do with your images, except portray them as yours or anyone else’s work.
- In order to secure your booking, along with the deposit, the following is requested from each client to your photographer, via email:
Client email address
Client cell phone number
Names and ages (for children) of all persons being photographed
Written acknowledgement that you have read and agreed to the above guidelines.
In your email, please include any descriptions that you feel are helpful to produce the images that are ideal for you. Please feel free to give examples from web-based sources.
- Finally, let’s have fun while capturing your memories! This seems to always be the case – and it (along with clients loving their photos) are one of the highest compliments that I continually receive and enjoy.
Front Porch Photography ATX L.L.C. Gift Certificates make the most precious and appreciated gift. They are professionally printed, available in any denomination – and wrapped and delivered to you to reflect the appropriate occasion. Give a gift of lasting moments! Please contact us today to purchase this thoughtful gift.