Please read before booking your Portrait Session:
- Prices start at $169 plus tax for head-shots and $379 plus tax for seniors and other similar packages. There is a $75 additional charge for families or groups larger than 5. Please call for full pricing quotes. All prices include your edited, digital images.
- I can offer a number of beautiful and exclusive outdoor venues for my clients in the Austin and Lake Travis area. If you request a new and unfamiliar venue for your location shoot – there is an additional $75 charge for unfamiliar venues by the photographer. The photographer must be able to preview the suggested site before the shoot. All venues must be within 25 miles of the Austin area.
- Each photo session begins with a brief phone consultation. This allows your photographer to get a vision of your shoot. It is during this conversation that we will select a date, time, available venues and discuss wardrobe ideas, etc..
- All outdoor shoots take place, 1.5 -2 hrs. before sunset on a sunny day. Photo sessions are still great with some clouds in the sky. However, a grey and/or fully over-cast day will not produce lighting that is conducive for a truly lovely result. In cases of full cloud-cover or rain – rescheduling a shoot may be necessary. There is no charge for rescheduling a shoot prior to being on location.
- In most cases, I discourage what I refer to as combined shoots. For example: senior images combined with family portraits. Occasionally, if we coordinate and price this ahead of time, we can combine two objectives (e.g. senior and family) into one session. However, this must be conveyed to the photographer ahead of time, and you will likely be charged for two separate sessions (unless I give a combined discount based upon client needs). We have – at best – 1.5 hrs. of idyllic lighting for the shoot. If we agree to a combined session, you will likely end up with a few less images and poses per subject. I do not fully rule-out a combination shoot, but I generally do not recommend them. We can certainly discuss one during our phone consultation if your needs are such. Please do not request an additional shoot once on location, (e.g. family shoot – request that we take a few head shots or senior images while we are here).
- During the photography session (the shoot) cell phone use and cell phone photography strictly prohibited. No Exceptions. Cell phone usage is very distracting to the photographers work and often to the subject(s) being imaged. If necessary, please step away to accept emergency calls. Otherwise- please keep cell phones dark, silent and out of sight. Non adherence to this policy will result in a cancellation of the shoot and forfeiture of deposit and images.
- A 50% deposit is taken at the time of booking. Should inclement weather or other unusual circumstance (such as illness or injury) interfere with our shoot date, there is no additional charge for rescheduling. If unusual circumstances prevent the rescheduling of your photo session, the 50% deposit will be refunded. In most other circumstances of cancellation which are within the client’s control, the deposit is retained. These are rare scenarios and they are at the discretion of the photographer.
- Your photographer will closely work with you regarding the weather. If we arrive at a shoot and the weather changes, and a rescheduled date becomes necessary while on location – there will be a $75 charge for the subsequent session. This is rare and I am very reasonable and fair-minded. Unfortunately, the trade-off for the immense beauty of outdoor, natural-lighting photography, is that we must all contend with mother nature.
- There are generally no refunds, with the exception of truly unusual circumstances. This has never happened – however, should this ever arise, refunds are based upon the (extremely reasonable) photographer’s discretion.
- Your digital images (typically 10-20 per session, with the exception of event photography), are delivered to you via digital link. They typically take 7-10 days for finishing, editing and delivery.
- Owner/ Photographer retains full copyright privileges of all digital images. What exactly does this mean? Not a whole lot. I might ask to use one or a few of the loveliest images for web-based advertising such as placing them on my web-site or social media ads. Technically, retaining copyright allows me to do this. However, I will never use your images without client consent. Other than that – you may do whatever you wish to do with your images, except portray them as yours or anyone else’s work.
- At the time of booking, along with your 50% deposit, the following is needed from each client to your photographer, via email:
Client email address
Client cell phone number
Names and ages (for children) of all persons being photographed
Written acknowledgement that you have read and agreed to the above guidelines.
In your email, please include any descriptions that you feel are helpful to produce the images that are ideal for you. Please feel free to give examples from web-based sources such as Pinterest.
- Last guideline – Let’s have fun while capturing your memories! This seems to always be the case – and it (along with clients loving their photos) are one of the highest compliments that I continually receive!
Front Porch Photography Gift Certificate make the most precious and appreciated gift. They are professionally printed, available in any denomination – and wrapped and delivered to you to reflect the appropriate occasion. Give a gift of lasting moments! Please contact us today to purchase this thoughtful gift.